Dedicated to the most important part of the body when it comes to food, this class is centered around everything related to our best buds–the taste buds! Our chef will cover how taste buds work, where they are on your tongue, and how they change as you get older. Youngsters will also learn about the five main flavors and their roles in our food, by working with each to create a delicious little eatable.
- Get Salty – Cure meat & fish using salt preservation, & learn how salt affects a food’s taste
- Get Sweet – Make a sweet treat using different chocolates, discovering the variants of sweet preferences
- Get Spicy – Blend a spicy salsa (without burning our tiny taste buds!)
- Get Bitter – Taste bitter greens such as arugula & kale for a salad
- Get Sour – Pickle vegetables & make a vinaigrette for the salad by hand
Class taught by Ashley Foy-Price.
Ages 5 and up. Children 7 and under must have a parent or guardian present for the entire class.
Registration for this class will close 72 hours prior to the event.
Kearney Culinary Academy adheres to a strict minimum class capacity rule. Classes with less than 8 participants will be cancelled or rescheduled for a later date. Participants will be notified at least 72 hours in advance and offered a refund or credit for an alternative class.